Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'd Rather Be At the Barn


It's gray and damp this morning with a wet, soggy snow coming down. When 5:00 a.m. rolls around it's difficult for me to get out of bed this time of year. The only thing that motivates me is knowing I'll be greeted by soft nickers and warm velvet noses as soon as I get to the barn.

Picturing that scene in my mind, I crawl from under the warm covers, throw my barn clothes on, grab a bag of carrots, pail of hay cubes, and mug of hot coffee as I prepare for a short drive to the farm where my horses are boarded.

The cold, gray, fall sky gives way to equine sunshine as soon as I enter the barn. Those soft nickers and warm velvet noses get to me everytime. A chilly, damp, pre-dawn bond with my mares beats anything else I'll do today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The horse on the right, is this Silver Hero? Please contact me 607-797-1931

Pam Beers. said...

A: The horse on the right is Prospect's Turn by Fast Prospect out of Silver Tempest. I renamed her Silver Lining because I like the name better for the purpose she's being used.

I called you this morning. Hope to hear from you. I love horse talk.