Monday, May 2, 2011

My Kentucky Derby Pick

Brilliant Speed
"For one to fly, one needs only to take the reins." ~ Melissa James

I don't normally do this, but I'm going to this time. After checking all the pedigrees of the 20 horses, their jockeys, and their trainers, I'm going to give you my Kentucky Derby pick. He's not a choice by the top professionals, in fact, he's not a choice by anyone, but the colt is my pick based solely on pedigree.

My Kentucky Derby pick is Brilliant Speed. His sire is Dynaformer, his dam is Speed Succeeds. Dynaformer produced Barbaro one of the top speed and distance horses in racing history. Speed Succeeds comes from the Mr. Prospector blood line. Mr. Prospector was one of the top throughbred stallions in the world. In fact, most of the Derby contenders have Mr. Prospector as part of their pedigree. Should be an interesting race.

We all know anything can happen in a horse race. But, I feel really strong about this pick. I'm hoping Brilliant Speed takes after his half-brother, Barbaro. We need a hero.

No comments: