Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Freedom to Be Horses

"The essential joy of being with horses is that it brings us in contact with the rare elements of grace, beauty, spirit, and freedom." ~ Sharon Ralls Lemon

Someone at the barn asked me, "Do you ride those things?" At the time the question was asked, both of my horses were bucking, rearing, snorting, and kangaroo-hopping in the indoor ring. It is always impressively scary for the first-time observer. This is what my horses do when they are turned out first thing in the morning. They are free to get their ya-yas out before I get on them.

Once aboard, they become respectful workers; light-in-hand, well balanced, and full of positive energy. My horses take care of me out of trust and respect. I take care of them for the same reason.

No comments: