Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Magic Moment

Sixteen more days to the Kentucky Derby. It's that magic moment when the equine contenders become heroes for the day. We all need a hero. A real hero with no agenda. It's the day when a simple animal shows us there is always hope for a better tomorrow. A day when we see what true heart and courage really is. A day when sixty seconds of time creates the ultimate dream for owners, trainers, and jockeys.

The only thing our equine athletes expect in return for their hard work is a pat on the neck, a few quarts of grain and some quality hay. I call them "simple animals" for a reason. They respect and trust their human handlers unconditionally and give 150%. They have no agenda. Their needs are uncomplicated.

Over the years, I've learned a great deal from my horses and other equines I've worked with and studied. I've come to the conclusion, I have a long way to go before I come remotely close to their greatness.

2 comments:

bodylift said...

This is really nice post. I appreciate your thoughts. Thanks for shared it with us.

Pam Beers. said...

You're welcome, bodylift.